Sharing Japanese cultural assets worldwide through digital archives
From 2003 April
Research Group Members
- Ritsumeikan University Global COE
- Ritsumeikan University R-GIRO Project
- Ritsumeikan University Art Research Center (ARC)
This research aims at building the research environment needed by specialized researchers, through high-volume/high-speed digital photography and creation of image databases. The focus is on ukiyo-e, ceramics and other art works produced in great quantities, among cultural assets of Japan and other countries.
Ritsumeikan University Art Research Center – Ukiyo-e Database System
Ritsumeikan University Art Research Center – Publication Database System
- Studies for Japanese arts and cultures and image databases: The practice and possibilities of the ARC Model
Ryo Akama: Image Database and Studies for Japanese Arts and Cultures (Nakanishiya Shuppan), pp. 1-17 & 154-170, March 2010.
- A digital archiving for Japanese woodcut prints at V&A and NMS
Ryo Akama: Japan Art Documentation Society, Vol. 16, pp. 1-9, June 2009.
- International Ukiyo-e Society
- Japan Art Documentation Society
- European Association for Japanese Studies
- And others.