Energy Informationization WG
From 2009 May
Research Group Members
Including Kyoto University and Kobe University, about 30 industry, government and education bodies are taking part.
Research aims for realization of a society with high energy efficiency based on “energy informationization,” a concept originating in Japan.
Research Yields and Main Treatises
The main treatises explaining the basic concept of “energy informationization” are:
- T. Matsuyama: Energy Informationization (i-Energy): Achieving safe, secure and environment-friendly lifestyles through integration of power and information networks, ITU Journal, Vol. 38, No. 12, 2008.12
- T. Matsuyama: Creating Safe, Secure, and Environment-Friendly Lifestyles through i-Energy, New Breeze, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 1-8, 2009.4
- T. Matsuyama: Society created through energy informationization, Keizaijin, Vol. 64, No. 12, pp. 22-23, 2009.12
Furthermore, coordinated activities are being undertaken with the following projects:
- Project of the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: <R&D of integrated technology of information & communications and energy (2009 – 2013)>
- Project of the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), in the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: <R&D and testing of technology of a next-generation house system featuring highly efficient energy usage (2009 – 2010)>